Friday, September 2, 2011

Flying By to Say Hi!

Hi all! And a very happy Friday to you! Today I have a real quick post to share a couple fun Halloween cards that I plan on sending out to some friends and family this year. They were super quick and easy, thanks to Taylor Usry's Fabulous design tip on how to create faux panels over at the Sweet 'N Sassy Connection!  Thanks so much Miss Taylor! 8-)


For my card I used my fun Whipper Snapper Witch from The Witch is In set and a Hero Arts sentiment.
The purple, black and white CS are all from my stash.  I stamped my little Witch using Memento Tuxedo black and shaded with a little Dusty Concord Distress ink and cut out and matted her up with the help of my Classic Ovals and Scalloped ovals Nesties sets. For my faux panel, I used Memento Tuxedo Black for both the shading and the stamped image and followed Taylor's Fabulous tutorial. to finish it all up I popped up my image with a few dimensionals, stamped my sentiment with Memento Tuxedo black, added some black gems and a fun little button all tied up with some yummy Bakers Twine from MAD Stamper Finds.  See, super easy peasy!  8-)
Here is another variation that I came up with while deciding which ink combo to use.. 8-)


Anyway, you can definitely use this technique for just about any occasion, and I 'm already thinking Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthday's etc..lol.. Yay! Not to mention it's Super helpful to make up Terrific looking cards quickly and easily which is really helpful when creating multiples! 8-) 

Hope you all have a Fabulous day & Thanks so much for dropping by!
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon,
    Great Halloween card, love the colors. Im sure the person receiving it will love it.

    Happy weekend.
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is sooo cute Shannon!! I LOVE these colors together and the gorgeous shading around the image!!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very sweet!! Love the embossing and the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous card! Cute and easy--especially good this time of year when you need lots of cards. I love the black oval behind the purple scalloped oval. It makes the whole thing look like it floating. And the random black rhinestones and button are like little witchy bubbles. Love it! I've got to check out that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)