Saturday, September 24, 2011

Santa's Little Helper!

Hi All! Happy Saturday to you!  Today I am back with another Fabulous Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge! Yay!  I had a lot of fun with this one, it was just perfect for my Super Sweet Cocoa's Santa Hat Digi from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps. I decided to make up a card / gift card holder instead of just a card. I think these will definitely come in handy for the holidays So without further ado, here's the Sweet Stop Sketch #127 for this week:

And here's my take on it... Pretty much the only tiny tweek this time is I used my Classic Ovals and Labels 18 Nesties instead of a Rectangular Image panel. 8-)


I printed out my Sweet little Cocoa's Santa Hat image onto Flourishes Classic White and colored him up with my trusty Copics.  I added a bit of shading with Antique Linen Distress ink and a little liquid applique to his Cute little Santa Hat. I cut him out and matted him up using my Classic Ovals and Labels 18 Nesties sets and then popped them up with a few dimensionals. For my Mats and BG layers I chose a combination of Kraft CS from my stash and some Fabulous dp's from MME's Holly Jolly collection. My Sweet 'N Sassy Sentiment was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa onto a little Cricut die cut layered oval and then shaded up with a little more Antique Linen Distress Ink. To finish it all up, I added some ribbon from my stash, a few sweet adhesive pearls, a few Fun snowflakes I made up with my MFT Snowflake Trio Die-namics and a touch of Stardust stickles for a bit of Bling..
Here are a couple of pics of the inside with a gift card inside so you can see how it will look..8-)

  
I sure hope you can all play along with us at The Sweet Stop!  Can't wait to see what you all come up with for  this weeks sketch.  And as always, please, make sure to stop by and take a peek at the Fabulous Creations the rest of the Sweet Stop Sugar Babies have cooked up for your inspiration! 8-) 


Hope you all have a Fabulous weekend & thanks so much for visiting! 8-)

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...how cute is this Cocoa image! Love how festive the papers are, perfect for Christmas! I also love how you turned this sketch into a gift card holder...very clever! Have a wonderful weekend, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some else I see has a pretty new blog banner! Love your card! Great DSP, sparkly snowflakes, and perfectly sponged image panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo sweet Shannon. I love that darling little mouse and the cute papers you used. :)
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little helper, Cocoa! Fabulous card and beautiful snowflakes on it too. So pretty and cute. Your coloring is just SUPER!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Shannon,
    What a really cute card, you papers are so bright & cheerful. Awesome.

    Hugs
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just fabulous! I love the coloring and papers and everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, what a great gift card holder!! Great little details like the snowflake and pearls and the liquid appliqué on this hat!! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so totally precious. I love the DPs - very beautiful colors. What a sweet little image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was the first SNSS stamp I bought, and it's still my favorite! I love the gift card holder you've created here! The papers and colors, and especially the "fur" you added look adorable! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Shannon, Santa's little helper is sooo CUTE!! Awesome coloring and I love how you did the inside!
    Hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet Cocoa gift card Shannon. Love the coloring, the shading... the applique. The papers and sparkly snowflakes are perfect. Love the border punch you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Christmas card Shannon! Love that image of Cocoa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute GC holder, love the added glitter on the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, these will definitly come in handy this Christmas! Completely gorgeous way to present a gift card. I have so much trouble with red, so this little guys hat really caught my eye. Beautifully colored.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how cute is this. Love the fold on the inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your coloring is fabulous here Shannon. I love this idea for the holidays. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a CUTE Christmas card!! Love the way you colored all around Cocoa and the pretty papers you used to go with him!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)