Thursday, November 3, 2011

With Deepest Sympathy...

Hi all! Hope you've been having a Wonderful week. It's definitely been a busy one here. Seems as soon as Halloween is over, the Holiday rush increases tenfold..lol.. Yikes! And I thought I was busy during previous weeks, lol.. Something tells me I 'aint seen nothin' yet'.. KWIM?.. 8-) Well Today I just had to play along with  two of my favorite challenges, Mojo Monday #231, and Cupcake's Creations CR84FN #41 Unfortunately, I had need to created a Sympathy card this week..

Such a Fabulous Sketch the Fab Mojo Team came up with this wee and  Lovely color from CR84FN too.. Wish I was putting them together for a happier occasion.  A Dear friend of ours lost his Son, and it's such a terrible shame.. Our hearts and prayers got out to Him and his family...

My BG and mats were made up with a Combination of dp's from an old stack from MME, Bo Bunny's Etc. and some Grey CS from my stash. All my shapes were cut with the help of my Classic Circles, Rectangles and Ovals Nesties sets and shaded/inked with a a combination of Antique Linen and Vintage Photo distress inks. My Impression Obsession Sentiment was stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa. And to finish it up, I popped up a few of my panels with a bit of foam tape and added a Prima rose..

Hope you all have a Wonderful evening & thanks so much for Visiting! 
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sympathy card, love the addition of the Prima Rose! Thanks for playing along with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your friend's loss, but this sympathy card will surely bring comfort to a broken heart by knowing you care. It's just lovely, and that tattered rose is the perfect embellishment for this great masculine sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the distressing and that one layer of bright yellow. Beautiful card for such a sad occasion. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN! ~Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful card Shannon! Great choice of patterned papers and that flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you needed this sympathy card, Shannon, but it is gorgeous...love the addition of the rose! I'm sure it will bring comfort to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful, Shannon! I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. No doubt your lovely and thoughtful creation will help during this tragic time. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful sympathy card. Love the wonderful flower too. So very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah they are the hardest cards to make Shannon! Sometimes life seems too cruel...
    Gorgeous card, love the papers and shapes. Flower is delish. Just right balance for a Sympathy card and I'm sure the family will appreciate it very much, knowing that you are thinking of them.
    Hope you have a good weekend! :-)
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry for the need to make a sympathy card. :( This is just gorgeous. That flower flower is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sympathy card is always difficult for me, but yours is just beautiful and so tasteful too! I really like the colors and the comforting blue with the yellow hopeful color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shannon, that is just so SAD. I feel such heartache for your friends' loss. Your card will mean so much to them because it is so filled with LOVE.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)